I had the opportunity to see in advance the new film”Confessions of a Prodigal Son.”
This movie is about a son who has lost his way, who has endured hardships and troublesome times, but eventually finds his way back to his family and embraces the faith that he ran away from. It stars Kevin Sorbo who is really great in this movie, by the way! He plays the dad, who is a pastor. His son, Shawn plays “The Prodigal Son.” The son that has rebelled, and left home because he wants to live and discover life in his own way.
God’s Story in 66 Verses
Understand the Entire Bible by Focusing on just one Verse in each Book
-by Stan Guthrie
This is a great book. I have been enjoying reading it for sure! It pretty much breaks down each chapter of the Bible and gives you the story’s meaning and importance….what you should take from it as well. I have not read the entire Bible front to back but this is one way that I can understand every single chapter, and get the most out of each one. This is a great book for anyone, from those who know the Bible very well to those who are wanting to learn more. Highly recommend! 🙂
By Tony Yang
About the Book:
When we think about our love relationship with God, we tend to focus on His love for us: God created us in His image. God sent His only begotten son to die for our sins. God will send His son once again to take us home.
But what about our love for God?
What exactly does it mean to love God? Why is it so important? And how do we love Him? Tony Yang answers these questions through a Bible-centered approach, weaving in his personal testimony with his unique storytelling style.
His conclusion is one that he least expected—the “O” word.
Free for your e-reader at Amazon: The Promises of God: Discovering the One Who Keeps His Word
Publication Date: July 1, 2013
What Promises Can You Believe?
In The Promises of God, Dr. R. C. Sproul shows how God—the one true Promise Keeper—always keeps His promises. Drawing from his expansive theological background, Dr. Sproul addresses questions such as these:
· How do we know that God will fulfill His promises to us?
· What can we learn about God’s faithfulness as we wait for His promises to be fulfilled?
· What was the agreement God the Father had with Jesus before the beginning of the world?
· What does God’s covenant with Adam mean for us today?
· What common covenant do atheists and other non-Christians participate in with God?
· What does God’s covenant have to do with His forgiveness of our sins today?
· Why did Jesus have to die to complete God’s covenant with us?